Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Zounds! There be wizards here!


I saw that the mega talented John Nevarez hooked me up on his 'cool links' post again. Since most of what I've been posting has been junk lately, I sketched out a wizard last night in the hopes of making something cool for people to see. I sort of failed. It was really stylized, but I kept breaking the shapes I have given myself to use, so in the end it sits in that awkward unplanned place. You can really see it in the arms, had I stayed on track the size difference wouldn't have mattered, as it is, it just looks bad. This is the raw scan, I might clean it up a bit, might just start over though.

6 comments:

Andreas Schuster said...

ha, i knew you were cool BEFORE john posted your blog =)

and dont worry, your blog is awesome to look at.. no junk to see here!

benjamin trobat -cartoonist- said...

great work man!!

Lorraine A D Alvarez said...

Like the angular style. Your 'speedy' pic came out very cool and imposing!

Anonymous said...

Nice sketch. I see some new style here. Post more please.

Mark Behm said...

Awgh yeah! Keep going.

Tim said...

Really cool, love the hands.