Friday, February 6, 2009

Little Mermaid



So another studio called us out months ago. The challenge, re-imagined Disney characters. I began a Snow White image, but lost the line art and realized it was going to take more time than I had. So after months of being able to work on it, it comes down to last night. I quickly drew this image. It was safe and easy. I spent a little over an hour on it, and about fifteen minutes throwing gradients and a quick color version. I think it turned out alright, although I haven't had a chance to really look at it yet...so I'm sure that will change. Apologies to Peter Clarke, who I totally ripped off.

7 comments:

idrawgirls said...

That's a GREAT take on Style Bot. Anyway, I am just afraid that you will be lonely so I post! :P

Luca said...

Awesome work! Good color scheme... I like it!

Hello to Xia as well! :D

RedRobotMonkey said...

I love your art work. I understand that you are a concept artist. I just wanted to know if you did a degree or diploma program that lead up to that? I am thinking of doing an illustrations degree, would that be sufficient to get my foot in the door to concept art?

Parka said...

I lost the Little Mermaid on the BW piece. Luckily there's colour in the second one.

Tim said...

Wicked style.

MeduSirena (Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!) said...

This is really terrific~ Love Love Love it.

MeduSirena (Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!) said...

This is really terrific~ Love Love Love it.